[Samba] Are the connections between Domain Controlers encrypted?

Daniel Carrasco MarĂ­n danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:54:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just that is my question: Are the connection between DC encripted?.

I'm planning to create a secondary DC on a external dedicated server and i
want to know if the connections are secure, because is not a good idea to
have authentication data traveling through internet without any kind of
encription...

My main DC have ldap through ssl activated and working fine, but i don't
know if that cares or i've to change anything to allow to secondary DC to
use secure connections too.

Another question: I've to consider anything, for example connection speed?
(besides the sysvol syncronization of course).

Thanks!!