[Samba] W7 client cannot adjust file permissions via ADUC

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Fri Jan 30 13:10:30 MST 2015

Leaving and re-joining the domain is easy. Tried that, no difference.

Checking the gidNumber for the Domain Admin group . . not sure how to do
that?

---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2015-01-30 13:54, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On 30/01/15 19:42, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:
>
>> Yes, "INTERNAL" was the actual. Generated by script, I presume. Now changed to my workgroup name. Restarted member server. Now 'getent passwd Administrator' returns nothing but, W7 client still cannot connect. (As I have restored and re-run script this morning doesn't that mean it has to be coming over from DC's somehow?)
>
> OK, we are getting somewhere (not sure where though ;-) )
>
> I don't get anything when I try to get Administrators info either, so don't worry about it.
>
> so, you have a user in AD that does have a 'uidNumber', does Domain Users have a 'gidNumber', if not give the group one.
>
> After that, does 'getent passwd <username>' return anything, if not check that the 'uidNumber' & 'gidNumber' are both inside '2000-40000'
>
> Is the W7 client joined to the Domain, try leaving the domain and rejoining.
>
> Rowland

Links:
------
[1] http://www.donelsontrophy.com