[Samba] W7 client cannot adjust file permissions via ADUC

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:54:26 MST 2015

On 30/01/15 19:42, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:

> Yes, "INTERNAL" was the actual. Generated by script, I presume. Now
> changed to my workgroup name. Restarted member server.
>
> Now 'getent passwd Administrator' returns nothing but, W7 client still
> cannot connect.
>
> (As I have restored and re-run script this morning doesn't that mean it
> has to be coming over from DC's somehow?)

OK, we are getting somewhere (not sure where though ;-) )

I don't get anything when I try to get Administrators info either, so
don't worry about it.

so, you have a user in AD that does have a 'uidNumber', does Domain
Users have a 'gidNumber', if not give the group one.

After that, does 'getent passwd <username>' return anything, if not
check that the 'uidNumber' & 'gidNumber' are both inside '2000-40000'

Is the W7 client joined to the Domain, try leaving the domain and rejoining.

Rowland