[Samba] net rpc rights list - could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

Òscar Flores oscar.flores at udg.edu
Thu Jan 22 07:12:37 MST 2015

Hi!

I have some problems with my new member server

This is my schema:

-Doman Controller name is “DC01” and realm name is “MYDOMAIN.LOCAL” – WORKS!

-Member server 1, name “MEMBER1” – WORKS!

#net rpc rights list accounts –Uadministrator

MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins

SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

When I run this command
 works well and I can administrate my shares with
ACL from another computer with Win7+RSAT

- Member server 2, name “MEMBER2” - FAIL!

# net rpc rights list accounts –Uadministrator

Enter administrator's password:

Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

The username or password was not correct.

Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

*The same error appears when I run this command:

# net rpc rights grant 'MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
-U'MYDOMAIN\administrator'

Enter administrator's password:

Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

The username or password was not correct.

Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I don’t know what happens with MEMBER2 because I followed the same
instructions on both servers (MEMBER1 & MEMBER2)

1-      The 3 servers are installed with  “Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS” + “samba
4.1.6”

2-      https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server

and then

3-
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares_with_Window
s_ACLs

but I stopped in “SeDiskOperatorPrivilege”

Any idea? Somebody can help me?

Thanks in advance!

Oscar