[Samba] Domain Computer not showing up in domain utilities

Wayne Andersen waynea at clima-tech.com
Tue Jan 13 12:25:05 MST 2015

I am running Samba Version 4.1.6.

I have a PDC and two BDC setup.

I have a specific computer named eds, it is a Windows 7 Pro box, When I add
it to the domain everything works normally and it works well.
Domain users can login, and they have the proper permissions, but am seeing
two problems.

1) Every once in a while I get: "The trust relationship between this
workstation and the primary domain failed".
If I unplug the network cable or remove the machine from the domain and
re-add it then all is good.
Obviously the cached info on the PC is good.

I see "The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not authenticate
to the Active Directory service on a domain controller. (LDAP Bind function
call failed). Look in the details tab for error code and description." In
the system log.

Clearly the computer account is not being created properly.

2) I don't see the computer in AD user and computer tools.
Or
 net ads dn 'CN=eds,CN=Computers,DC=corp,DC=mydomain,DC=com'
search failed: No such object

I have added many machines both before and after this one.
Unfortunately I have an app on this PC that requires the name not change as
it is registered to the machine name.