[Samba] Domain Computer not showing up in domain utilities

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 13 12:46:29 MST 2015

On 13/01/15 19:25, Wayne Andersen wrote:
> I am running Samba Version 4.1.6.
>
> I have a PDC and two BDC setup.
>
> I have a specific computer named eds, it is a Windows 7 Pro box, When I add
> it to the domain everything works normally and it works well.
> Domain users can login, and they have the proper permissions, but am seeing
> two problems.
>
> 1) Every once in a while I get: "The trust relationship between this
> workstation and the primary domain failed".
> If I unplug the network cable or remove the machine from the domain and
> re-add it then all is good.
> Obviously the cached info on the PC is good.
>
> I see "The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not authenticate
> to the Active Directory service on a domain controller. (LDAP Bind function
> call failed). Look in the details tab for error code and description." In
> the system log.
>
> Clearly the computer account is not being created properly.
>
> 2) I don't see the computer in AD user and computer tools.
> Or
>   net ads dn 'CN=eds,CN=Computers,DC=corp,DC=mydomain,DC=com'
> search failed: No such object
>
> I have added many machines both before and after this one.
> Unfortunately I have an app on this PC that requires the name not change as
> it is registered to the machine name.

Bit confused here, you have 'I have a PDC and two BDC setup.' then at
the bottom, there is this: 'I don't see the computer in AD user and
computer tools.'

So, do you have an NT PDC & 2 NT BDC's or do you have 3 AD DC's ?

which ever, can you post the smb.conf from the machine that you call the
PDC.

Rowland