[Samba] Member Server SeDiskOperatorPrivilege

BISI d3r3kshaw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 22:58:07 MST 2015

On 15-01-09 09:19 AM, Tim wrote:
> It's definitely a problem with backend ad. I don't know what, but with ad backend I also cannot list rpc rights on the server because it cannot find the user. With rid: no problem.
>
> Bug?

I appear to be about 12 hours behind Tim, except that I am using Debian
7.7, and (now) following Louis van Belle's script for making a member
server with the sernet repos (smbd reports Version
4.1.14-SerNet-Debian-9.wheezy)
The script is at
https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/4-setup-sernet-samba4-MEMBER-wheezy.sh

Louis' script hangs up at line 406
> echo {$PASSWORD} | net rpc rights list accounts -UAdministrator
with
Enter Administrator's password:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
The username or password was not correct.
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I chose to  set up PAMauth in the script, based on the comment
> ##########  pam autheristation modifications.
> ## the original files /etc/pam.d/samba and sshd wil be backuped to *.original
> ## set to 1 if you want winbindd to work.

unfortunately for me, Louis is off enjoying himself on a ski hill somewhere.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - script and sernet packages do not make the links in /lib64 that
the wiki calls for, but the script does replace the default krb5.conf file.

also  the DC in this case is a windows 2008 R2 server running at server
2003 forest and domain functional level

And before he left, he also mentioned assigning UID/GID to users/groups
in the AD -- what UID and GID numbers would I assign to a windows DC,
and to which users?  The reference he gave didn't really shed any light
on the subject for me.

Thanks in advance!

Derek.