[Samba] Samba 3.6.1 malformed request: "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1" message

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 3 11:32:28 MST 2015

On 02/01/15 15:29, Mostafa.Y wrote:
> Hi guys. Hope you're having great days.
> I have cross compiled Samba 3.6.1 for my embedded linux device. It was
> very tough considering I couldn't find a tutorial or something that
> helps me. Not even on Samba site and its documentation.
> Anyway I managed to compile it and I put compiled files into
> /usr/local directory in the device like I was supposed to and modified
> smb.conf and put it in the right place. Finally I put smbd and nmbd as
> daemon in start-up.
> Well the problem is that when I try to connect to it using a windows
> laptop sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't and windows
> says that it couldn't access that network and it's not accessible even
> though that I can still ping my device through laptop or ping my
> laptop through the device. Although in the terminal of the device I
> can see that Samba says something like this every time windows tries
> to access:
> malformed request: "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1"
> But like I said there are times that it works and I can see my shared
> directory even though that Samba reports above message.
> I googled the message but I almost found nothing. So I was wondering
> if somebody knows something about it and puts me in the right
> direction so I know where to begin and what to look for.
> I forgot one thing. I use ad-hoc wifi network between my device and
> laptop not a Ethernet interface and also I assigned static IP
> addresses but I don't think that would matter since ping is working
> just fine. So I think I can blame Samba for this problem.
> If you need further information just tell me.
> Thanks.
OK, in which case, I am telling you to post your smb.conf :-D


More information about the samba mailing list