[Samba] Samba 3.6.1 malformed request: "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1" message

Mostafa.Y mostafanfs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 08:29:06 MST 2015

Hi guys. Hope you're having great days.

I have cross compiled Samba 3.6.1 for my embedded linux device. It was
very tough considering I couldn't find a tutorial or something that
helps me. Not even on Samba site and its documentation.
Anyway I managed to compile it and I put compiled files into
/usr/local directory in the device like I was supposed to and modified
smb.conf and put it in the right place. Finally I put smbd and nmbd as
daemon in start-up.
Well the problem is that when I try to connect to it using a windows
laptop sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't and windows
says that it couldn't access that network and it's not accessible even
though that I can still ping my device through laptop or ping my
laptop through the device. Although in the terminal of the device I
can see that Samba says something like this every time windows tries
to access:

malformed request: "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1"

But like I said there are times that it works and I can see my shared
directory even though that Samba reports above message.

I googled the message but I almost found nothing. So I was wondering
if somebody knows something about it and puts me in the right
direction so I know where to begin and what to look for.

I forgot one thing. I use ad-hoc wifi network between my device and
laptop not a Ethernet interface and also I assigned static IP
addresses but I don't think that would matter since ping is working
just fine. So I think I can blame Samba for this problem.

If you need further information just tell me.

More information about the samba mailing list