[Samba] Samba4 and sssd, keytab file expires?

George jorgito1412 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:04:37 MST 2015

Hi,

The short answer to this is that Samba changes the machine account password
every 7 days with the default settings.

As you were told, if you join the domain with "kerberos method = secrets
and keytab" on you smb.conf, the generated keytab won't expire.

Another workaround would be to set "machine password timeout = 0"

Best regards.