[Samba] Is Server-side GPO Configuration possible? (for logon script)

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri Feb 27 07:34:59 MST 2015

Am 27.02.2015 um 09:42 schrieb John:
> Shame, that. But I kind of expected that to be the answer.
>
> I guess the next best thing is to script it on Windows. Provide a script
> (perhaps in sysvol/scripts) that can be run on a windows box as a domain
> admin to finish the configuration. I guess this would be a Windows
> Powershell script.
>
> Here I go off into unknown waters. Has anyone done this that could
> provide some insight?

What is your final goal?

You said you want to provide a logon script. This is possible without
GPO if you put it to the netlogon share and mention it in each users
account settings. But GPO based logon scripts also work.

I don't understand, why you want to script now something in windows?

Regards,
Marc