[Samba] Is Server-side GPO Configuration possible? (for logon script)

John samba at jelmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:42:39 MST 2015

On 26/02/15 16:54, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> Am 26.02.2015 um 12:17 schrieb John:
>> Is it possible to make GPO changes from the server (i.e. without using
>> Windows) ?
> No. There's no tool for *nix, to edit GPOs. At least I've never seen
> one. :-)
>

> Regards,
> Marc

Shame, that. But I kind of expected that to be the answer.

I guess the next best thing is to script it on Windows. Provide a script
(perhaps in sysvol/scripts) that can be run on a windows box as a domain
admin to finish the configuration. I guess this would be a Windows
Powershell script.

Here I go off into unknown waters. Has anyone done this that could
provide some insight?