[Samba] "No printers found" 0x00000bc4

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Feb 25 12:54:26 MST 2015

Hello,

Am 25.02.2015 um 21:28 schrieb mots:
> One Windows 7 64bit machine in my domain gets this error message when I try to add any printers from a samba printserver. It works fine from any other machine.
> Has anyone experienced something similar?

Have you ensured, that the 64-bit driver is exactly the same like for
32-bit? This is what the internet says about 0x00000bc4.

See
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Point_n_Click_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Deployment#Uploading_printer_drivers_for_Point.27n.27Print_driver_installation

Or if you mean, that just one of n 64-bit machines show this problem,
then make sure, that this machine doesn't have already a driver for this
printer installed, that causes problems with the one provided by Samba.

Same link in that case:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Point_n_Click_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Deployment#Uploading_printer_drivers_for_Point.27n.27Print_driver_installation
But connect to the machine having this problems and navigate to print
server / hostname / Drivers and check if this machines has some drivers
local installed. Removing them and then try connecting again the printer
provided via Samba.

Regards,
Marc