[Samba] ADS Domain Member Workgroup vs Realm

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Tue Feb 24 00:25:14 MST 2015

 I would say that workgroup = ZARTMAN should be right. Workgroups normally don't have dots in their name.

Than you should also try:
idmap config ZARTMAN:backend = ad
idmap config ZARTMAN:schema_mode = rfc2307
idmap config ZARTMAN:range = 10000-99999

One more thing is that it's not recommended to have a .local domain realm.
Have a look at this above glibc...
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Troubleshooting

Regards
Tim