[Samba] about samba 4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 19 02:41:54 MST 2015

On Sat, 2015-02-14 at 17:28 +0400, Adil Al Balushi wrote:
> Dear Sir.
> first of all I would like to thank your team about samba4. its very good
> product and help me to do my project.
> just i have some question about samba 4
> 1- is it support domain and subdomain. like if i have in my HQ samba4 and i
> have 3 or more location connecting together and in my branches i have
> samba4. any replication between HQ and branches?

In general, most organisations who can start again from scratch try to
have one domain, one forest, and then use 'sites' for HQ and branches.

For Samba, this has the advantage of not needing support for
inter-domain trusts.

> 2-i try to install samba4 but its asking to update packages like python,
> but when im updating python it will give me error like (link cc or link
> library.....)
> 3- can you tell me per-requirement of samba 4 for Redhat?
> 4-step by step installation?
> 5- is it like Active directory which is in windows?
> 6- can you send me all requirement packages i mean (python,gcc ...ect)

All this and more is detailed here, and in the pages it links:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO

I hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett