[Samba] Problems in SAMBA 3.3 to 4.0 migration

soonerdave soonerdew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 06:22:15 MST 2015

Rowland

I had a bit of success last night. I didn't *think* I'd changed any library
references, but I think by accident I did - while comparing library
references between strace dumps of winbindd and wbinfo and noticing some
different links to libwbclient.so.0, I tried some temporary symlinks to one
of two different versions I found, but wbinfo just aborted on startup. When
I undid those symlinks and restarted winbindd, wbinfo started working!

I don't know if I should be pleased that it works or scared at an accidental
fix!

Assuming my current state survives a restart, I have only one remaining
issue - the net rpc vampire still isn't working from the BDC. That still
leads to machine credential check failures in the BDC-specific logs on the
PDC host. With winbindd seemingly happy, have to assume there's something
encryption related going on there. Still getting the hard seg fault after
vampire.