[Samba] Problems in SAMBA 3.3 to 4.0 migration

soonerdave soonerdew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 06:22:15 MST 2015


I had a bit of success last night. I didn't *think* I'd changed any library
references, but I think by accident I did - while comparing library
references between strace dumps of winbindd and wbinfo and noticing some
different links to libwbclient.so.0, I tried some temporary symlinks to one
of two different versions I found, but wbinfo just aborted on startup. When
I undid those symlinks and restarted winbindd, wbinfo started working! 

I don't know if I should be pleased that it works or scared at an accidental

Assuming my current state survives a restart, I have only one remaining
issue - the net rpc vampire still isn't working from the BDC. That still
leads to machine credential check failures in the BDC-specific logs on the
PDC host. With winbindd seemingly happy, have to assume there's something
encryption related going on there. Still getting the hard seg fault after

View this message in context: http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Problems-in-SAMBA-3-3-to-4-0-migration-tp4680653p4680965.html
Sent from the Samba - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the samba mailing list