[Samba] Problems in SAMBA 3.3 to 4.0 migration

soonerdave soonerdew at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 21:41:46 MST 2015


I did update my Samba 3.3.4 PDC to 3.6.24 after MUCH grief, overcoming (at
least) two library incompatibilities PLUS recalling the dusty old memories
that if you start with Slackware, you use Slack's samba installer, not the
source from Samba itself. 

I've fixed two library problems with libtalloc and libwbclient that
prevented smbd from starting (with a Signal 6 - hard crash). It now
starts...but my original problem between wbinfo and winbindd persists. I
think there's a similar library problem going on here that's causing wbinfo
to break off the pipe back to winbindd when it requests...anything.
Ironically, wbinfo from my new BDC works just fine. But I still can't
vampire. This library issue may be at hand with my "Segmentation Fault" when
trying to do the vampire. Not sure, but if anyone has any suggestions in
that regard, I'd sure appreciate the boost.  I've read additional
non-Slackware posts indicating a problem between wbinfo and libwbclient
versions, so I'm suspecting I've introduced that issue here, but now I'm
just too tired to sort through it any more for now.

Been working on this all day, and my brain is toast, and I realize my
situation may be so specific there's no way anyone could really offer much
insight, but if for no other reason I thought I'd update this thread and at
least try to document what I've done.

View this message in context: http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Problems-in-SAMBA-3-3-to-4-0-migration-tp4680653p4680891.html
Sent from the Samba - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the samba mailing list