[Samba] Did you get my previous email? Not Spam.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 8 01:48:43 MST 2015

On 08/02/15 06:51, Jason Long wrote:
> Thanks a lot.
>
> [root at printmah ~]# getent passwd jason
> jason:*:11303:10513:jason JASON:/home/JASONDOMAIN/jason:/bin/false
>
> But I can't login to Linux via AD username and it show me :
>

> Last login: Sun Feb  8 01:48:32 2015
> Could not chdir to home directory /home/JASONDOMAIN/jason: No such file or directory
>

> I guess it can't create a Home directory for Each AD user. How can I solve it?
>

> Cheers.

You actually have a few problems there and you can fix them this way.

Add this to smb.conf:

template shell = /bin/sh
template homedir = /home/%U

restart samba

Add this to /etc/pam.d/common-account:

session    required   pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022

and you should be able to login

Rowland