[Samba] Did you get my previous email? Not Spam.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 23:51:32 MST 2015

Thanks a lot.

[root at printmah ~]# getent passwd jason
jason:*:11303:10513:jason JASON:/home/JASONDOMAIN/jason:/bin/false

But I can't login to Linux via AD username and it show me :

Last login: Sun Feb  8 01:48:32 2015
Could not chdir to home directory /home/JASONDOMAIN/jason: No such file or directory

I guess it can't create a Home directory for Each AD user. How can I solve it?

Cheers.

On Saturday, February 7, 2015 1:17 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
On 07/02/15 07:27, Jason Long wrote:
> Thanks.
> I removed likewiseopen and if you remember, I installed CentOS 7.
> My AD not show any "uidNumber" or "gidNumber" and tell me "Not set". The problem is that I can't login to Linux  via AD user and is it for "uidnumber" ?
>
> Tnx.
>

> On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:09 AM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 04/02/15 06:11, Jason Long wrote:
>> Thanks.
>> You right, It tell me that "Uid not set", But is Uid my problem? I can't login to system with AD because of "uid"? If yes, Why I can login to system via Likewise ?
>>

> Firstly, please stop sending posts directly to me, send them to the
> list, I am not your personal advisor !
>
> You have been advised to remove likewiseopen, if you haven't done this
> yet, please remove it, once it is removed, start giving your users  a
> uidNumber with the ADUC UNIX_Attributes tab, also give 'Domain Users' a
>
> gidNumber.
>
> Rowland

OK, you probably have something like this in smb.conf:

     idmap config EXAMPLE : backend = ad
     idmap config EXAMPLE : range = 10000-999999
     idmap config EXAMPLE : schema_mode = rfc2307

Where 'EXAMPLE' will be your domain name and '10000-999999' is your range.

If you do not want to add 'uidNumber' & 'gidNumber' attributes to AD,
change the 3 lines to this:

     idmap config EXAMPLE : backend = rid
     idmap config EXAMPLE : range = 10000-999999

Restart samba services and the ID numbers will be allocated for you.

Rowland