[Samba] Samba 4 AD - Samba Fails to Start, hdb_samba4_create_kdc (setup KDC database) failed

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 31 09:45:34 UTC 2015

On 30/12/15 22:55, JS wrote:
> Rowland penny <rpenny <at> samba.org> writes:
>
>> Why are you using ntvfs ?
>> Also how are you starting the Samba deamons ?
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Your mention of ntvfs is the first I've heard of it.  A cursory search
> reveals it was implemented in alpha versions of Samba4, did I provision this
> domain incorrectly?  Below are the commands I used when provisioning this
> domain:
>
> sudo samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive

Yes, but what were your answers to the questions you were asked ?

Having read your reply to Louis and his answers, I am with him, you will
probably be better of provisioning again, but this time don't bother
with the interactive provision, set the required settings in the
provision command, run 'samba-tool domain provision --help' for what you
can set.

Rowland