[Samba] Samba 4 AD - Samba Fails to Start, hdb_samba4_create_kdc (setup KDC database) failed

JS it at cliffbells.com
Wed Dec 30 22:55:18 UTC 2015

Rowland penny <rpenny <at> samba.org> writes:

> Why are you using ntvfs ?
> Also how are you starting the Samba deamons ?
>
> Rowland

Hi Rowland,

Your mention of ntvfs is the first I've heard of it.  A cursory search
reveals it was implemented in alpha versions of Samba4, did I provision this
domain incorrectly?  Below are the commands I used when provisioning this
domain:

sudo samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive
sudo samba-tool domain level raise --domain-level 2008_R2 --forest-level 2008_R2

Thanks for your reply.

JS