[Samba] Windows 10 SysVol and GPO problems

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Dec 31 09:00:24 UTC 2015

Ok, so do the following.

1) login as a user.
	Open explorer and go to \\servername.domain.tld\sysvol
	Do the same for \\servername\sysvol
	Do both work on only one and which one?
2) login as a Administrator
	Open explorer and go to \\servername.domain.tld\sysvol
	Do the same for \\servername\sysvol
	Do both work on only one and which one?

Of the \\servername.domain.tld\sysvol work

Try this on you computer, run_as Administrator CMD
sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend=bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start=disabled

Windows 10 will try to negotiate SMB3_11, which apparenty goes wrong.
So try for now disabling SMB2/3 on the Windows 10 client is your best,
not ideal, option.

Or set the max protocol in smb.conf ( see man smb.conf )

Greetz,

Louis