[Samba] ICMP 'Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)'

DavidA dandbnews2 at talktalk.net
Wed Dec 30 21:42:24 UTC 2015

Hi

I am still having trouble getting Windows 10 and Windows 7 laptops to communicate with a Samba server (4.1.17-Debian) running on Rasbian Jesse.

Running Wireshark on one of the laptops I notice these sequential packet transfers:

Laptop –> Pi    BJNP    Scanner command: discover
Pi –> Laptop    ICMP    'Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)'

This happens even on a laptop that successfully communicates with the Samba server.

Could this indicate a configuration problem? If so, how might I fix it?

Best regards

David