[Samba] Windows machines not visible in CentOS 7

subscribe at korigan.com subscribe at korigan.com
Thu Dec 24 16:25:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’ve a main windows 10 machine. On this computer I’ve installed VMWare
Workstation 12 where I have several virtual windows 8.1 machines, I’ve also
installed a CentOS 7 machine where I need to access A file Sharing residing
on one of my

Virtual Windows machines.

I’ve tried the following procedure and everything works fine to connect from
my Windows machines to a CentOS 7 file sharing.

http://sharadchhetri.com/2014/10/09/centos-7-rhel-7-install-and-setup-samba-
server-file-sharing/

But the opposite doesn’t work. I’m not able to see my Windows machines when
I click on “Browse network” and “Windows Network” icon.

I suspect a firewall problem, but I’m not sure where to look for. (I have
attached my smb.conf)

Thanks in advance for help

J. Dupourqué