[Samba] Winbindd on 4.2+ full functionality?

George jorgito1412 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 05:07:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 4.1.17 to 4.3.1.

I thought that the winbindd daemon for AD included since 4.2 would allow
proper and complete winbind operation as in member servers, but that
doesn't seem to be the case.

In particular, I want consistent UIDs on DCs for files created within
Windows (so I can avoid the "somehow keep idmap.ldb in sync between DCs"
hell). I made several tests but winbindd on the DC doesn't seem to be
honouring the idmap directives on smb.conf and still relies on the XIDs
provided by idmap.ldb

Am I missing something? Is this by design?

Best regards,
George