[Samba] After joining domain, Samba uses the workgroup name, not the FQDN when running the net ads command

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 15:34:02 UTC 2015

Hi Jonathan,

You wrote:
domain windows.corp.springventuregroup.com
search windows.corp.*pringventuregroupcom*
nameserver 192.168.127.131
nameserver 192.168.112.4

Is this a typo error when copying the content or is it a content error in
your resolv.conf?

If you really have that "search" line in your resolv.conf it would be
logical that rsetarting Samba services you get the error "unable to resolve
host freeradius" as it will be extended in:
freeradius.windows.corp.pringventuregroupcom
rather than:
freeradius.windows.corp.springventuregroup.com

If this is not a typo error I would check the "resolvconf" configuration or
remove the use of that tool (temporarily or not) on that box.

If this is not a typo, I'm puzzled...

Hoping for you to get a solution,

mathias