[Samba] wiki member server page erorr ?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 9 10:43:21 UTC 2015

Hai, marcio, below pointed a thing ..

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member#Using_domain_accounts.2Fgroups_in_OS_commands

This looks wrong to me.

Using domain accounts/groups in OS commands

administrator:*:10000:10000:Administrator:/home/Administrator:/bin/bash

We should not use administrator as example...

In this example we now have 2 ! administrators

Administrator UID=0  ( on the DC )

Administrator UID=1000  ( on the Member  )

Very confusing.

Can anyone explain why administrator is abused here en mainwhile we are telling not to give Administrator a UID ?

What now happens, people do configure administrator with uid.. what if you now want to login and you have your home dir shared over nfs.

=>> error...  inaccessable home dir.

Greetz,

Louis