[Samba] Functionality of Nmbd at Active Directory mode of Samba4 !

CpServiceSPb . cpservicespb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:43:12 UTC 2015

> Obviously to you, the lack of network browsing is a big deal, to others,
> it is just not that important.
Not to me only, also to people whom I know of and to people whom know
those people of. :))

> There are things required that take
> priority over this, so until one of the main developers (or more likely,
> their employer) require it, network browsing will probably not get
> 'fixed'.
Ok. I have already understood it. :)

> If you can fix it, you will need to supply patches against
> samba-master to either samba-technical or > https://github.com/samba-team/samba <https://github.com/samba-team/samba>

I think simple moving code from nmbd s3 to s4 will not be applicable.
Anyway thanks.

P. S.: There is one more functionality question: Samba4 fileserver (acts as
fileserver now, with Nmbd also) but with LDAP as backend.
But it are messages of other topic.