[Samba] classicupgrade try #1

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 28 12:20:20 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 05:57 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 28/08/15 10:47, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>> What is this error about?

>>> What ldap error?
>>
>> Too fast last evening...  See above about idmap, not ldap. ARGH!
>
> That is a fairly common error, now I have never actually done a
> classicupgrade, but I think what it means is that it cannot find any
> idmap info, seeing as how mostly this setting wasn't used, this is not
> surprising.
>>
>>> As far as I can see, you just upgraded to AD
>>
>> That is good to know.
>>

> Try running some tests with ldapsearch or ldbsearch, see if your users
> & groups are there etc.

I have not worked with ldap.  Can you provide/point me to examples of
such commands?

My users were all unix users that I have not created on my new server.
In fact, I am wondering if I want to maintain that or do a different
user method and put their homedir someplace other than /home/user.  What
do you advise?  I will only have 2 - 8 users.  But I would like to
generalize this.  Perhaps I can sell a arm7 based NAS  :)