[Samba] Samba As PDC: Wrong Workgroup?

Jim Seymour jseymour at jseymour.com
Thu Aug 27 19:22:36 UTC 2015

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:03:21 +0100
Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> That howto you followed was incorrect when it was written,

I was coming to that conclusion.

> you do not
> need to alter fstab, what it tells you add are actually the defaults
> for ext4,

Very well.

> the ntp settings are wrong,

Those, I ignored.  (Our firewall gets NTP from four stratum 2 and one
stratum 1 server.  Everything internal gets it from there.)

> I could go on but I wont.

Yeah... I don't think you need to, because...

> I would suggest you read the samba wiki:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page

I just found it and, from what little I've read, already: What I have
configured is hopeless.

It's odd, how you can search on a subject, and unerringly find the
wrong source of information, isn't it?

I think an "apt-get purge" is in order, and start over.

Thanks for the help!

Jim