[Samba] Error

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:29:14 UTC 2015

On 12/08/15 16:14, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 12.08.2015 um 17:07 schrieb Rowland Penny:

>>> in case of a sysvinit script there
>>> export PATH=........
>>>
>>> in case of a systemd-unit
>>> Environment="PATH="
>>>
>>> and in case he is using systemd /usr/local is most likely *not* in
>>> PATH because systemd cleans up environment vars by default for good
>>> reasons
>>>
>> Yet another reason not to use systemd, what has something that claims to
>> be an init system to do with a users PATH ??
>
> no, it's a reason to use systemd
> you have a clean environemt
>
> "users PATH" is nonsense, it's the env-var of the SERVCIE which is
> most likely not the same as for your user and you have a deterministic
> place to set it - with sysvinit you expose a ton of env-vars to services
>
> with systemd you don't see all that stuff in example phpinfo() and so
> don't leak informations
>
> if people would learn to build packages for their software it would
> not be a topic, all my packages overriding distribution packages are
> just using default install paths and a higher rpm-epoch to not get
> overwritten by regular updates

OK, you have your opinion of systemd and I have mine and they will never
match, my opinion is that systemd is a solution looking for a problem.
Don't get me wrong sysvinit isn't without its problems, but systemd
isn't the solution, systemd is just getting bigger and bigger every day,
swallowing up things it shouldn't, if want to use something like
windows, go and use windows!

Rowland