[Samba] xfs quota weirdness

Francesco Malvezzi francesco.malvezzi at unimore.it
Fri Aug 7 12:05:17 UTC 2015

Il 06/08/15 11:03, Francesco Malvezzi ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a quota problem with xfs (xfsprogs 3.1.7+b1 on debian GNU/Linux 7
> -- wheezy) and samba-4.1.19.
>
> If I set a user quota to say 10GB, windows explorer reports a 20GB quota
> of which none used.
>
> If I change quota to x, windows explorer reports 2x space of which none
> used.
>
> So I assume samba is somehow getting (albeit incomplete and incorrect)
> xfs quota info from operating system.
>
> disks are as follow:
>
> /dev/mapper/storage-samba_home on /samba_home type xfs
> (rw,relatime,attr2,delaylog,usrquota)
> /dev/mapper/storage-samba_share on /samba_share type xfs
> (rw,relatime,attr2,delaylog,usrquota)
>
> sudo xfs_info /samba_home/
> meta-data=/dev/mapper/storage-samba_home isize=256    agcount=24,
> agsize=32768000 blks
>          =                       sectsz=512   attr=2
> data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=757405696, imaxpct=25
>          =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks
> naming   =version 2              bsize=4096   ascii-ci=0
> log      =internal               bsize=4096   blocks=32768, version=2
>          =                       sectsz=512   sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=0
> realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0
>
> I am a bit confused because on samba-3.5.3 windows explorer was able to
> report correctly xfs user quota.
>
> Can you please help me fixing this issue?

it was simply about including the correct xfs libs headers, which is
done on linux by installing the xfslibs-dev package (and then of course
recompile).

The quota doubling behaviour is already pointed out by others 1) as a
hint the right libraries are not found,

regards,

Francesco

1) http://linux.samba.narkive.com/OeAETcpi/samba-doubled-quotas-on-ubuntu