[Samba] xfs quota weirdness

Francesco Malvezzi francesco.malvezzi at unimore.it
Thu Aug 6 09:03:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a quota problem with xfs (xfsprogs 3.1.7+b1 on debian GNU/Linux 7
-- wheezy) and samba-4.1.19.

If I set a user quota to say 10GB, windows explorer reports a 20GB quota
of which none used.

If I change quota to x, windows explorer reports 2x space of which none
used.

So I assume samba is somehow getting (albeit incomplete and incorrect)
xfs quota info from operating system.

disks are as follow:

/dev/mapper/storage-samba_home on /samba_home type xfs
(rw,relatime,attr2,delaylog,usrquota)
/dev/mapper/storage-samba_share on /samba_share type xfs
(rw,relatime,attr2,delaylog,usrquota)

sudo xfs_info /samba_home/
meta-data=/dev/mapper/storage-samba_home isize=256    agcount=24,
agsize=32768000 blks
         =                       sectsz=512   attr=2
data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=757405696, imaxpct=25
         =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks
naming   =version 2              bsize=4096   ascii-ci=0
log      =internal               bsize=4096   blocks=32768, version=2
         =                       sectsz=512   sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=0
realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0

I am a bit confused because on samba-3.5.3 windows explorer was able to
report correctly xfs user quota.

Can you please help me fixing this issue?

thank you in advance,

Francesco

--
Servizio gestione identità