[Samba] samba 4.2 RDP problem (extra debug info)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 30 07:31:18 MDT 2015

Hai..

After a new setup i was confronted again with the unable to login with RDP.
so here is some extra info for the debugging this.

I used RDP to connect a Windows 7 64 bit, connected in rdp with ipadres of the pc.
and again unable to login.

since im trying to setup a smb.conf with minimal changes, i only added :
auth methods = sam, winbind

restarted samba on both DC's

and yes.. im able to login again, ADUC works, i can add users .. and DNS tool did also work fine.
So i hope this info helps in debugging ..

config file used,
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.TESTING
        netbios name = DC1
        server services = -dns
        auth methods = sam, winbind
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

        interfaces = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1
        bind interfaces only = yes
        time server = yes
        wins support = yes

        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 2000-9999
        idmap config DOMAIN : backend = ad
        idmap config DOMAIN : schema_mode = rfc2307
        idmap config DOMAIN : range = 10000-3999999

        # Use home directory and shell information from AD
        winbind nss info = rfc2307

        winbind trusted domains only = no
        winbind use default domain = yes
        winbind expand groups = 3