[Samba] Change user SID on Samba 4.1

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:05:23 MDT 2015

>> Greetings, Rowland Penny!

>> > It actually starts a couple of posts earlier, but you can ignore them,
>> > the OP posted wrong info. Everything seemed to be OK, but he says that
>> > he cannot join a member server to the domain, for what appears to be an
>> > authentication problem for Administrator.
>>
>> If that is indeed a problem, I would suggest trying another member of
>> 'Domain Admins' group.
>>

> Tried, but it fails too.
> Tomorrow i will try to migrate again the old domain. Maybe i'll try to
> compile the latest version or sernet packages instead the 4.1 of Wheezy
> Backports.
>
> Greetings!!

Impossible... I've tried with Sernet packages and compiling the latest
version from git and I can't make it work. I've followed the full upgrade
manual from the wiki two times and in both versions I've got an error
"NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND" when i try to run the "smbclient -L
localhost -U%" command to check if works (at least with wheezy backports
v4.1 this works). Finally I preffer to still with the new working domain
instead keep trying to upgrade the old domain. Maybe is damaged or have any
wrong configurations and the best way is to create a new clean domain.

Thanks anyway for your help.