[Samba] Change user SID on Samba 4.1

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 28 13:36:33 MDT 2015

Greetings, Daniel Carrasco Marín!

>>> Hi, Is there any way to change the SID of an user on Samba 4.1?. I've
>>> tried:
>>>
>>> pdbedit -U newSID -u user
>>> pdbedit -u user -U newSID
>>> pdbedit --'user SID'=newSID -u user
>>>
>>> but it shows the user infor without change anything.
>>
>> Changing a user's sid is a really bad idea, so in the AD DC (at least)
>> is is made quite difficult.

> I had troubles with classicupgrade and linux machines, and i'm creating a
> new AD (for now works perfect). I want to keep the same SID of the old AD
> to avoid to move all users profiles.

If you could instead explain, what kind of troubles you've had with upgrade?
So far, I haven't seen anything that couldn't be solved with a little thinking
and a good deal of creativity.

P.S.
I would also appreciate, if you don't top-post.
Putting answer above question makes messages unnecessarily hard to read and
understand.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin