[Samba] Change user SID on Samba 4.1

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:58:33 MDT 2015

> Greetings, Daniel Carrasco Marín!

> >> Changing a user's sid is a really bad idea, so in the AD DC (at least)
> >> is is made quite difficult.
>
> > I had troubles with classicupgrade and linux machines, and i'm creating a
> > new AD (for now works perfect). I want to keep the same SID of the old AD
> > to avoid to move all users profiles.
>
> If you could instead explain, what kind of troubles you've had with
> upgrade?
> So far, I haven't seen anything that couldn't be solved with a little
> thinking
> and a good deal of creativity.
>
> P.S.
> I would also appreciate, if you don't top-post.
> Putting answer above question makes messages unnecessarily hard to read and
> understand.
>

> --
> With best regards,
> Andrey Repin
> Tuesday, April 28, 2015 22:33:57
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...

Sorry, my Gmail is configured to top-post by default.

My problem with upgrades was with member servers. The upgrade process was
fine and I can join the AD with any Windows machine, but when I try to join
that AD with a Linux machine then it fails. I've created a new AD with same
versions and configurations and I can join that AD with same servers that
fails with upgraded AD.

Greetings!!