[Samba] Have samba any special options for browsing via Protocols like SSH and etc?

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:44:45 MDT 2015

On 27/04/15 13:42, Jason Long wrote:
> How can I do it? It is my question.
>

>       On Monday, April 27, 2015 4:56 PM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex.ru> wrote:
>

>   Greetings, Jason Long!
>
>> Hello.I joined my Linux into Windows Domain and apply some permissions to
>> directories. It is worked very nice in Linux and Windows via SSH and not
>> worked via "Nautilus" or "Windows Explorer".
> SSH has nothing with Samba directly. Samba may be used to provide system with
> authentication and other user-related data through winbind.
> But SSH will use it indirectly.
>
>> When I use "Nautilus" it ask me the username and password and repeat it.How
>> can I solve it?
>> Any special options about it?
> Nothing special, you have to fix your Samba configuration to your liking.

It might help if you tell us what your 'Linux' is, AD DC, member server
or what ?

Having said, I think what you are trying to say is you cannot browse to
a samba share via a GUI, but can via the address. If this is so and your
machine is a DC, then I am sorry to say, you cannot browse to a share
because there is no network browsing on a samba AD DC.

Rowland