[Samba] Centos7 Samba 4.1.12 -> Centos 5.11 Samba 3.5.2 = Rejecting auth request

Holger Hecht hecht at biopsy.uni-jena.de
Fri Apr 24 01:31:37 MDT 2015

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I have the following problem, for which the internet does not have a solution
yet:
I am trying to have a Centos7 server with Samba 4.1.12 authenticate his users
(security=domain) with a DC samba version 3.5.2 on a Centos5.11 machine (which
has an LDAP Backend). This works for other servers (OpenSuse 13.2 with samba
4.1.17) and for a bunch of Windows7 clients. I can join the domain with net
rpc join, which seems to work on client side but the log of the DC already
shows the error

rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:714(_netr_ServerAuthenticate3)
  _netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
auth request from client DENG machine account DENG$

I created the machine account on the DC with a LAM web interface.

The connection with the machine worked already before, I do not know what
happened, maybe an update for samba on the machines lead to this. I did not
change any configuration files, so the configuration worked already. But after
the error occured I deleted the machine account and created a new one.

Is there a way to renew the credentials that fail to check? What are the
credentials anyway? Is there maybe a new encryption taking place which the old
DC does not know?

I am really stuck.

Thanks in advance,

Holger

testparm on the client

rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[xxx1]"
Processing section "[xxx2]"
Loaded services file OK.