[Samba] Problem with creating a windows share on Samba4 AD DC

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Tue Apr 21 16:25:32 MDT 2015

> I have Samba4 installed and a windows AD provisioned. From a terminal
window I can see Netlogon and Sysvol shares listed in smbclient.
> I want to create another share for windows users. I have followed the
steps in the wiki on how to do this but it does not list in the smbclient.

If you used "browseable = no" the share won't be visible, although you will
still be able to connect to it.
Is that the case? Is the display of the share dependent on specific
permissions? What is on your smb.conf for that share?