[Samba] Problem with creating a windows share on Samba4 AD DC

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 04:09:32 MDT 2015

On 21/04/15 10:48, Charlie Benger-Stevenson wrote:
>   Hi,
> I have Samba4 installed and a windows AD provisioned.

OK, what have you installed samba on and how ?

>   From a terminal window I can see Netlogon and Sysvol shares listed in smbclient.
> I want to create another share for windows users. I have followed the steps in the wiki on how to do this but it does not list in the smbclient.

Did you restart samba ?

> testparms shows no errors and lists the share.
> There is no log file, even though one is specified and a log level of 3.
> So with no log file, no errors I am stumped as to how to go about troubleshooting this.

You should have logfiles, you are possibly looking in the wrong place,
especially if you compiled samba yourself, try running this in a
terminal: 'samba -b'

this should list the build environment, amongst which should be where
the logs are : 'LOGFILEBASE'

Rowland