[Samba] big fingers, bad

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Mon Apr 20 07:57:42 MDT 2015

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:

> I have corrected the hostname issue and corrected the realm name within
> /etc/krb5.conf.
>
> Now, when I run "samba-check-db-repl.sh" I am getting the following:
>
> Failed to connect to ldap URL 'ldap://3(NXDOMAIN)' - LDAP client
> internal error: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
[...]
> There has to be a reference in ldap for the 'bad' hostname? I am not
> sure how to correct it.

To me it looks more like it's unable to connect to ldap at all.  Make sure
/etc/hosts is correct, and the name your smb.conf is correct.

You can edit Samba's LDAP database directly with ldbedit.  Just a warning,
you can also completely break your domain with it.

ldbedit --url=/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb (adjust path as necessary)

Do a search and replace from the old name to the new name, then save and
exit.  Sometimes you will also need to edit some of the files in
/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/ which will have names including your
realm, so I can't tell you exactly what they will be.  You may want to
edit them all and do the same search and replace.