[Samba] big fingers, bad

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Mon Apr 20 07:00:48 MDT 2015

My big fingers have gotten me into trouble (all be it minor, I think.)

I have had a single DC and member server working for a few weeks and
decided to move forward setup the second DC.

When I set the hostname I inadvertently added an addition letter into
the name. Unfortunately I discovered this after I had run
"samba-check-db-repl.sh" which follows the script
"3-setup-sysvol-bidirectional.sh".

I have corrected the hostname issue and corrected the realm name within
/etc/krb5.conf.

Now, when I run "samba-check-db-repl.sh" I am getting the following:

Failed to connect to ldap URL 'ldap://3(NXDOMAIN)' - LDAP client
internal error: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
Failed to connect to 'ldap://3(NXDOMAIN)' with backend 'ldap': (null)
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - None
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
175, in _run
 return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/ldapcmp.py", line
932, in run
 outf=self.outf, errf=self.errf)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/ldapcmp.py", line
64, in __init__
 options=ldb_options)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/__init__.py", line 114, in
__init__
 self.connect(url, flags, options)

There has to be a reference in ldap for the 'bad' hostname? I am not
sure how to correct it.

--

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)