[Samba] samba member logon.. question.

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Apr 9 07:58:40 MDT 2015

El 09/04/15 a les 14:57, Andrey Repin ha escrit:
>> Using the RFC2307 attributes, you will get the same ID number on every
>> Unix machine, whereas if you use the 'rid' backend, whilst you should
>> get the same ID on each Unix machine, you will never get the same ID on
>> an AD DC, in fact without intervention, you will get a different ID on
>> different DCs
>
> Ok, good.
> Now, how can I get RFC2307 attributes populated automatically upon users or
> groups creation?

You can't :-(
I'm experimenting with
https://github.com/laotse/SambaPosix
but it's quite buggy (at least regarding the features I'm trying,
namely, trying to assign uids the same way as ADUC).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es