[Samba] Windows 10 + Domain Join + Samba 3.x + Profile V5

EnoSupp enosupp at enotrac.com
Wed Apr 8 02:18:56 MDT 2015

Hello

I try to add a windows 10 client to a existent samba 3 domain.
I have installed a windows 10 build 10049 with all Updates.

On the windows client I added/modified the following Registry Keys that
I can join to to the Samba 3 Domain.
HKLM->System->CCS->LanmanWorkstation->Parameters
DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0
DomainCompatibilityMode = 1

On the Samba Server I created the Folder Profile.V5.
On the Client I added the Registry key for the Profile Path Extension:
HKLM->System->CCS->ProfSvc-> Parameters->UseProfilePathExtensionVersion =1

After these steps I am able with a domain user to do the logon to my
domain, but windows creates just a
temporary profile for the user.

The only error from the user login I can see in the Event log is:

Source: User Profile Service
Error: the specified path is invalid.
It is not possible to see which path it is.

The same works with a windows 8.1 without any issues.

Do sombody have any suggestions?

Kind regards