[Samba] Unable to browse system shares of a newly migrated AD DC

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Thu Apr 2 17:27:41 MDT 2015

Greetings, All!

> I'm trying final steps of my long upgrade process, but I've got hit by the
> unexpected.

> When everything seemingly run fine in the end, I'm unable to browse the local
> shares of the DC.

> # smbclient -L localhost -U%
> Domain=[CCENTER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.11-Ubuntu]

>         Sharename       Type      Comment
>         ---------       ----      -------
> Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
> Domain=[CCENTER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.11-Ubuntu]

>         Server               Comment
>         ---------            -------

>         Workgroup            Master
>         ---------            -------

Turned out, the /tmp directory was not accessible to the user "nobody" for
some mysterious reason. (So that

sudo -u '#65534' ls -l /tmp || echo 'Fail!'

resulted in "Fail!")

Repeating the tests with freshly generated setup turned out successfully.
At least, in this specific case.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin