[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 2 00:36:36 MDT 2015

I dont get al this hassle... ( again )

Sernet works fine, all my server (DCs/member) are useing sernet samba.
Only not my proxy servers. these backported samba.. ( because of a modified squid im using)
You just need to setup as the wiki says.

nss/winbind does work, yes, there is 1 missing file, just created it.
( and this is not needed on a DC ! )
winbind does work, but on DC winbind a bit different yes.

If you really want sernet support, buy the support at sernet.
Is already nice of them that the are making packages.

and still, lots of talk here, but no is saying what is not working.
yes.. 1 missing file, read the wiki, the solution is there also.

sssd does not works.. thats a sssd problem and WHY does sssd not work,
ever try to recomple it.. i did on ubuntu and debian..
but then you know. sernet only supplies samba, and not sssd kerberos etc..
which are all depends of sssd.

so setup samba from distro or source and use sssd,
or setup samba with sernet packages, and use nss/winbind.

then if you have a problem post it here again.
Again to much time spend on a topic which cames over every few months.

Greetz,

Louis