[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 2 02:05:25 MDT 2015

On 02/04/15 07:36, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> I dont get al this hassle... ( again )

+1

> Sernet works fine, all my server (DCs/member) are useing sernet samba.
> Only not my proxy servers. these backported samba.. ( because of a modified squid im using)
> You just need to setup as the wiki says.

+1

> nss/winbind does work, yes, there is 1 missing file, just created it.
> ( and this is not needed on a DC ! )
> winbind does work, but on DC winbind a bit different yes.

You could say the same about the standard Debian backports packages

> If you really want sernet support, buy the support at sernet.
> Is already nice of them that the are making packages.

Yes, please remember, they do not have to do this.

> and still, lots of talk here, but no is saying what is not working.
> yes.. 1 missing file, read the wiki, the solution is there also.

Er, I did point out that there was a missing file. Are you sure it
mentions the missing file on the samba wiki ? If not, I will add it to
the member server page (which really needs retitling, you can use the
same setup for a Linux client).

> sssd does not works.. thats a sssd problem and WHY does sssd not work,
> ever try to recomple it.. i did on ubuntu and debian..
> but then you know. sernet only supplies samba, and not sssd kerberos etc..
> which are all depends of sssd.

Ah, but sssd does work, it just doesn't install with the sernet
packages, so you pay your money (nothing) and take your choice, either
samba from Jessie and sssd, or use the sernet packages and do not use sssd.

Rowland