[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 1 01:02:09 MDT 2015

Sure it does work, i do everything without sssd and works fine.
BUT you need to configure samba correctly and use it correct.

and as i pointed out, if you really need the latest samba and sssd
Go use debian Jessie.

>Two points.
>If package is supposed to be a replacement, it should, at the
>very least,
>provide same names. At. The. Very. Least.
>If package provide deficient functionality (nss module unable to supply
>home/shell data? That's a nonsense!), it is useless and needs to be
>replaced or fixed.

This is due misconfiguration imo.

>To repeat that sernet provides _partial_ functionality. sssd is not an
>add-on. It provides the functionality which is missing in sernet.
so tell us whats missing, im not missing anything.

>I still don't know where to report this packaging bug....
If you want to report it, then its at sssd.
why.

Sernet is not official in the distro's and therfore is not supported by the distro's.
so imo this wont be fixed.

Again..
switch to debian Jessie, which is fine. yes its testing atm but in a few months it wil be the new stable.
Als long as you dont install to many, you wil be fine, my print server is Debian jessie for about 6 months now..

Greetz,

Louis