[Samba] sssd-ad cannot be installed with sernet samba

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Apr 1 00:52:32 MDT 2015

El 01/04/15 a les 07:52, buhorojo ha escrit:

>> If package provide deficient functionality (nss module unable to supply
>> home/shell data? That's a nonsense!), it is useless and needs to be
>> replaced or fixed.
> To repeat that sernet provides _partial_ functionality. sssd is not an
> add-on. It provides the functionality which is missing in sernet.

For the time being I'm just using the ldap backend of sssd instead of
the ad one (the only visible difference is that the latter lowercases
the group names while the former doesn't, e.g. "domain users" vs "Domain
Users").
I still don't know where to report this packaging bug....

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es